Posted by mE & yOu on 10:07 PM

Peeps! here are the posts!



During the first session with the boys in the hostel, I enjoyed it and was

having a great time with them. Before going for the first visit, I was actually

quite worried, as I thought I will be having a hard time getting to know

them. I do not know how they would react to us. But it turns out that they

are actually quite a friendly bunch of youngsters to me. They gave us due

respect and they give me a feeling that they are all very good- natured

youngsters. Perhaps they are just more playful. I enjoyed the time with

them and I really look forward to seeing them again in December! Liwan,

Thank u so much for being such a wonderful leader!! Great job!! well

done!! keep up the good work!! i really look forward to seeing u again!! jia

you for ya exams too


Yi Wen



It was a refreshing experience for me as I didn’t know how the boys at the

boys’ hostel spend their time there. They show no signs of dissimilarity

from other guys except that the terms they use are cruder. They opened up

to us after some time and there wasn’t much of a distance between us.

Have to admit they get bored easily. They all seemed very bonded and it’s

kind of heart-warming to see that they found such genuine friendship as

they seemed to understand each other very well during the game of taboo.

Hope I can be of positive influence to them and not make them lose hope in studying.


-Germaine


This first session was a enjoyable experience for me. The boys are friendly

and seems relatively easy to get along. This was my first impression. How

true it is, only time can tell. Perhaps, through more sessions and interaction

with the boys, I will get to know them better then. Playing "upwords" and

especially "Taboo" with the boys was fun. They are very expressive with

their actions and through the game, I observed that they are very creative.

Though we were having fun, it was regrettable that I did not manage to

remember their names and might have neglected some who are quieter. As

a volunteer, I should have been more observant and ensure that everyone is

engaged in the game.

I am looking forward to the next fruitful session.

Serena


It was quite a pleasant surprise to me that the boys at the hostel were not

as hostile as what i expected them to be. In fact, they are very interactive,

friendly, heart-warming and welcoming. I enjoyed playing the "Munchkin"

game with them. By being warm and welcoming, they have livened up the

atmosphere and added much fun and laughter to our group during the

game. I was actually feeling stressed on that day but having fun with them

kinda cheered me up. They showed much enthusiasm for the game that we

were playing and their cheerfulness made me happy. It seems that they

were spreading happiness around. Hahahaha~

Yes, they have showed me how simple happiness can be. =)

Zi Min


Being my first time as an official volunteer, I felt the warmth and also the

urgency to help the boys there. They are a jovial bunch of people and they

never fail to make you laugh despite how bad your day may have been.

They make me look forward to each secession that I have with them and I

hope that I will be able to help them as much as possible. However, I also

feel that sometimes the boys can be quite cheeky but the good thing is that

their peers could also help check on them and this helps me alot. I do look

forward to more secessions with them during the holidays (:

amanda
















0 comments: