SBHL Lifesaving Telematch 2008

Posted by Desmond Koh on 4:20 PM

Desmond msned me asking if I wanna help out with the swimming event. My first reaction: sian. Seriously, I am on the verge of rejecting him but then a kind-hearted soul like me couldn’t resist the temptation to concur. I am kidding. That day for us is pretty slack because prior planning was done efficiently and so everything was done in a snap. We had to catapult ourselves out of bed early in the morning, transferred those life jackets we borrowed to the minibus from my room. Everything was done pretty fast and we headed to Ngee Ann Poly. Initially, we kinda lost our way in NP as we couldn’t really find the swimming pool. Riddled by our stupidities, the way to the swimming pool was just a turn right from the entrance. Luckily, we were on time or should I say, the boys were late. The whole event went pretty smoothly and the boys were very well-behaved. The “life-saving” portion was quite brief and desmond said that boys have very little attention span so they need to make the session short. The boys learnt different life saving techniques such as wade rescue, pole rescue, etc etc. What was the most interesting part of the whole event was the telematch. They have the dog and bone game and I could see the enthusiasm in the boys(even though we were at the sides, chilling). While the boys were having fun, we practically have nothing to do but to talk cock sing song. We were bored to the extent that we were discussing what I was going to write in this particular entry. The event ended at around 12pm and I have this malicious thought of leaving straight from NP but then again, as I mentioned before I am a kind soul. So, we headed back to NTU to return those life jackets and we went off from there.

Peng Wen

Since hes such a kind soul i guess we should be able to expect him be to present in all future events as well and maybe writing more blog posts as well :p

Desmond

0 comments: