Yoz volunteerz!
My turn to share my thoughts and reflections here. =p I joined WSC(youth) with the initial thought of getting the experience of interacting with the “problematic” teenagers. I wanted to get to know more about them. But the very first time that I get to know my allocated mentee, I don’t really know how to approach him though and do not know what to do besides guiding him with his homework. But luckily he was quite willing to share his “experiences” with me. Only until the last session (10/02/10), he got to know that I am a teacher-to-be. Haha but his very first reaction was “why do you want to be a teacher?” .Then I went on to ask him why did he has this reaction, and he said he think it is very tough to be a teacher. Then I jokingly replied, “ya lor because got students like you right??” He then looks kind of embarrassed. I think my mentee is still very respectful towards me. Though on some sessions, he will ask if he can don’t finish his homework, but when I ask him to continue and finish his work, he will still do so (BUT he has yet to buy his math assessment book since the first session!). I think is partially because he can be quite tired with the journey of travelling. He got to leave for school at 5.45am and most of the time he will only be back in hostel at 6 to 7pm.
I think I really enjoy coming to the sessions because of the company of you guys too! I think the idea of meeting for dinner before making our way to the boys’ hostel is great, because we can at least catch up a little with one another and not forgetting some hilarious jokes on the bus too( Huimin and taekwando) LOL!!
And by the way, me and serena will be posted to school for practicum starting 22nd Feb. But we will still try our very best to join you guys for the sessions though. Last but not least, wishing you all a very fruitful and enjoyable new year ahead!!
Best wishes,
Yiwen =)
Posted in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment