Hmm, it is me again! Looking forward to read my post?
I had a wonderful time during the session. Once again , its the sense of achievement that i had gotten =]. I was very happy that my boy was very friendly. He was very willing to share with me his feelings. I asked him about his studies too. We talked a lot. I told him to study hard and asked him about the dreams he has. i could tell that he had not found one yet! He sounded dejected and lost. I shared with him my experience and told him not to give up. After that he told me that he will try his best. I "scolded" him ! ha. I told him that i dont want to hear the word " try". I want him to say " i will try my best ". From then on , he started to use " will" . I was very happy =] . He asked me what happen if he didnt manage to do well? He said he dont want to disappoint me. I felt pleased at that point of time. I told him that i will be very proud of him even if he failed to do well because at least he tried his very best. That is what i want to see! I made him speechless! Yes, after that i started teaching him chemistry! he promised me to practise more questions. I want to see! i cant wait for thursday to come! I felt good when he thanked me after everything. Even when he was at the assembly ground, he turned his head and waved at me to say "bye".
After the session , i had a bad sore throat! well, i really feel worth it. I dont mind having sore throat because of him. I learnt a lot during each of the sessions. I love what i am doing now. I love interacting with people, guiding people or probably share with them my feelings.
Well, WSC youth let me realise what i really want. I hope to stay on for the next few years and pray that my parents are OK with it.
Service is never a simple act; it's about sacrifice for others and about accomplishment for ourselves, about reaching out, one person to another...
liwan


0 comments:
Post a Comment